Project Three: Fictitious Business Web Site Using Simple Responsive Design
Choose a fictitious business you would like to develop a simple responsive website for. Review the research that you did for Project Two into other businesses in the same field. What did their websites look like? Were they responsive - did they adjust to different window sizes from a large window in a normal monitor, down to the size of a tablet and also to a size that would be viewed in a phone? What type of content did they have? How many pages?
Use this web research to develop ideas for page layout and relevant page content.
- Choose the business type you will be creating a website for
- Post the business information on the Discussion Board. Include a business name if possible.
- Create a simple responsive website with 4-6 pages of content.
- Ideas for page content:
- Page One: Index page can explain what the business is - an about us type page.
- Page Two - Six: Create several pages of relevant content that fits with the type of business you have chosen. Some ideas for pages could include: product or menu pages, a contact us page, history page, etc.
- Add an Artist Statement page that is linked from the footer on the index page. Explain how you used responsive design in your website.
- Link all the pages together. Place all links on every page. Use the style of navigation covered in Exercise 7 or 8
- External links should open in a new window
- Use a wrapper div to contain your content with a set width
- Opening page must be named index.html
- Use page names that match page content
- Folder name Project3
- All images must be formatted for web
- Style images using CSS (padding, margin, borders).
- Use the p & h tags to format your text.
- Use CSS to format all text, fonts, colors, sizes, padding, margin, etc.
- Create a CSS External Style Sheet for main page styles (create consistency)
- Use CSS Document Styles for specific page styles.
- Use CSS Inline Styles as needed
Some Suggested Business Choices
Choose one of the following businesses or think of your own.
- Diner / Restaurant
- Coffee Shop
- Floral Shop
- Bike Shop (motorcycle or bicycle)
- Graphics Business
- Artist Portfolio